While many of us get our regular dental checkups and cleanings, it may be that we still aren’t satisfied with our smile. In fact, many people are not content with their teeth, and feel self-conscious about smiling, whether in a professional setting or gathering with friends and family.
Age isn’t always kind to teeth. There will be discoloration, chipping, gaps, etc. that can be both unhealthy and a weight on our self-confidence. These are the options that can correct just such flaws:
- Bonding: For cracks, chips, discoloration.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are a reliable option for creating a flawless smile. Single or multiple teeth can be treated.
- Invisalign: This revolutionary system can correct crooked teeth with clear retainers.
- Teeth Whitening: For simple discoloration, dental teeth whitening, performed by Dr. Gleave, can make an enormous difference.
- Dental Implants: This is simply the best option for replacing missing teeth.
Ask yourself these questions as you decide whether cosmetic dental options are right for you.
Do I dislike the color of my teeth?
Do flaws make me look older than I really am?
Am I self-conscious of my smile? Do I think about my teeth too often?
Cosmetic dentistry can open up new possibilities.
Will my smile look natural?
Dr. Gleave is a talented, experienced cosmetic dentist. The goal at our office is to keep as much of the original teeth as possible for any procedure we perform.
If there is decay, we can restore a healthy, vibrant look to the teeth by just removing the decayed portions, and filling the area with bonded tooth colored restorations.
Some cosmetic options, like veneers and crowns, require that small portions of the tooth are removed to allow for proper bonding of the new material that revitalizes your smile.
It is important to recognize that a renewed natural smile can improve one’s sense of self-worth, can improve emotional health, and provides a healthy foundation or oral health for the future.