Get Your Gums Under Control With Our Help. Schedule Your Appointment Today!(801) 747-8531
Your beautiful smile shouldn’t be hindered by gum issues, which is why Dr. Gleave offers patient-friendly laser gum reshaping and gummy smile treatment at our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office. Dr. Gleave can easily:Read Transcript
Gum reshaping. Gum patients have too much gums, essentially. Can be very detracting from someone's smile. There's a couple ways we approach it. One is with our laser. The laser allows us to do slight to moderate re-contouring of that gum tissue to allow for a little longer tooth, which very often is needed in someone's smile, and to help frame that smile.
When extra gums need to be removed, more than just a little bit, then we need to do a surgical procedure. We actually go in and re-contour the bone. Then we re-contour the gums, and that allows us to have the room we need to then rebuild the smile.
- Change the height of your gums if too much gum tissue shows when you smile
- Improve the appearance of front teeth that appear too short
- Quickly perform the procedure on the same day you receive dental veneers, Invisalign orthodontics, or teeth contouring treatment
By gently moving your gumline only one or two millimeters, Dr. Gleave can provide you with a significant smile change. Call (801) 747-8531 to schedule a consultation at Rod Gleave, DMD and begin your journey toward a smile you’ll love!
Our Laser Keeps Your Gum Reshaping Procedure Comfortable
Using a laser, Dr. Gleave will correct your gum issues to enhance your appearance based on your needs and wants. A dental laser is highly beneficial compared to traditional gum surgery, since it will:
- Make your appointment and healing period go by much faster
- Prevent unnecessary bleeding (if there’s any bleeding at all)
- Ensure a higher level of precision
Though getting gum treatment may seem intimidating, our dental laser greatly reduces any discomfort. Dr. Rod Gleave, a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), is highly trained in this procedure. Additionally, Dr. Gleave will always make sure your mouth is numb before beginning any procedure. If you still need to relieve your dental anxiety, he also offers three forms of safe sedation:
- Light sedation, which is simply inhaled and calms your nerves
- Oral sedation, which allows you to stay awake but just on the brink of falling asleep
- IV sedation to help you sleep throughout the procedure
Call (801) 747-8531 today to schedule your appointment and find out whether gum reshaping or gummy smile treatment is best for you. We look forward to providing your new, beautiful smile!