Tooth bonding is a great procedure because it's conservative, and we're able to reshape a tooth with composite, and it's doesn't cause us to grind the tooth down. It's an additive feature, it's an additive procedure to their tooth. If a tooth would say, had a gap, and very often that's where we do a lot of bonding. Someone comes in with a gap between their front teeth, and rather than, say, veneer the teeth or go in and do a bunch of veneers, which is an option, but for some patients it's a better option to just add a little composite to each tooth, polish it down, and it ends up looking essentially just like their tooth.
One of the disadvantages, long-term, that might chip or stain, discolor, and so some patients don't want to go through bonding. They say, “Well, I don't want to keep re-bonding my tooth every five, ten years. I'd rather just put it in porcelain.” Other patients would say, “I don't mind redoing something in the future, it's a lot less expensive and yeah, it might take me a little more work down the road, but for now, it's really a good option.”
Tooth bonding from Dr. Gleave is a fast and easy way to feel better about your smile. This no-fuss cosmetic solution can turn your smile around with just one visit to our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office if you have:
- Gaps between your teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Teeth with minor cracks
You don’t always need a major procedure to correct dental issues. Dr. Gleave will make sure you’re a good candidate for tooth bonding during your consultation. Call 801-747-8531 to schedule your appointment at Rod Gleave, DMD.
Benefiting From Swift And Painless Tooth Bonding
Tooth bonding is a great way to conceal common cosmetic dental problems, but the procedure itself actually benefits you, as well. Tooth bonding:
- Saves you time since it requires only one visit for Dr. Gleave to apply the material to the front of your teeth
- Requires less preparation than other cosmetic solutions such as dental veneers
- Often requires no anesthetic, though Dr. Gleave offers dental sedation if you suffer from dental anxiety
- Provides a temporary solution before committing to a long-term solution such as veneers
Using the same strong, tooth-colored resin material we use for tooth fillings, Dr. Gleave will:
- Rebuild the profile of your tooth if it has been chipped
- Conceal minor cracks by applying resin to the crack, curing it with a special light, then polishing it so your tooth looks perfectly natural (Dr. Gleave may recommend dental veneers if the crack requires such attention)
- Eliminate gaps by adding the composite resin to the edges of teeth on either side of the gap to improve your smile’s alignment
Call 801-747-8531 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Gleave at our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office. You can also make an appointment or ask us any questions using our convenient online form. We’re ready to provide your speedy smile solution!
Dr. Rod Gleave is a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), and the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).