Dental anxiety is a major issue for many patients who have had bad experiences visiting the dentist in the past. Though many people fear the dentist, there are plenty of others who worry about receiving medication during dental work. At Rod Gleave, DMD in Salt Lake City, UT, we provide only the safest forms of sedation dentistry to help you relax during treatments.
Our sedation options can:
- Allow you to comfortably receive treatment
- Alleviate your dental anxiety
- Help you feel more confident to receive our quality dental care so you can get the smile you deserve
Call 801-747-8531 with any questions you may have. Our considerate and experienced staff are always here to help.
Choosing The Right Sedation Option For Your Dental Service
Sometimes, you only need to take the edge off a little bit to receive treatment. Other procedures that require a lengthier visit could benefit both you and Dr. Gleave if you’re fully sedated. Dr. Gleave will help you find out which of the following options are best for you to receive the care your smile requires.
- Nitrous Oxide – Often called “laughing gas,” this inhaled form of sedation provides major benefits with no hassles. It wears off quickly so you can go about your day, and it is so safe that even children can use it.
- Oral Sedation – We’ve been providing oral sedation for nearly 20 years. Taken as a pill, this form of sedation is stronger than nitrous oxide. It allows you to remain awake and ask Dr. Gleave questions or make requests, but you’ll feel no discomfort and will be just on the brink of sleep. You will need a friend or family member to help you return home safely.
- IV Sedation – This is our highest level of sedation, which allows you to snooze throughout your procedure while still being conscious. You will be closely monitored while we help your smile.
Call 801-747-8531 with any questions regarding our sedation dentistry options. You can also reach us through our online form to schedule an appointment. You can actually enjoy visiting the dentist when you come to see Dr. Gleave.
Dr. Rod Gleave is a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), and the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).