Get The Beautiful Smile You Have Always Wanted!(801) 747-8531
Cosmetic dentistry isn’t a luxury – it’s a way to feel great about seeing yourself in the mirror and spending time with others every day. Too many people believe cosmetic dental treatments aren’t necessary. But Dr. Gleave can boost your confidence and even improve your oral health, in some cases!Read Transcript
Cosmetic dentistry is really something I highly emphasize in my practice. A lot of people think you specialize in cosmetic dentistry. Really, there is no specialty for cosmetic dentist. Pretty much every dentist is a “cosmetic dentist” there are family in cosmetic dentists, but there's really just a few of us that have really put the time in to go and learn about cosmetic dentistry and what's involved? What's the materials? The process? The diagnosis? The understanding of, really, how to put a beautiful smile and bite together, because very often those two things are quite related. I spend a lot of hours, hundreds hours every year in education. Whether it's going to a symposium, whether it's in an institute, whether it's a continue education course of someone I want to see. I really make it a strong emphasis in all that I do. I think that's one thing that really sets me apart in cosmetic dentistry, is I put the time in to learn it. That's probably been going on for the past 15 years in my practice.
Big things that we do at cosmetic dentistry, the simple thing, it would be maybe some whitening. A lot of tooth whitening today is very, common, popular, it's easy to do. Maybe the next level would be some bonding. We'd use some composite bonding to change the shape of teeth or maybe contour a tooth a little bit better. Then we get into porcelain veneers. The use porcelain veneers is the dramatic before and afters. Someone has a terrible smile or something that they're really afraid to show, we get into use of porcelain veneers and the bonding with porcelains. There's all kinds of veneers I use to meet the challenges of each smile. Often people say, “Veneer, well, yeah, but what kind of veneer?” There's probably four or five different veneers I use, depending on the situation. It's the use of porcelain veneers that really is probably the main stay in cosmetic dentistry today.
At Rod Gleave, DMD, our cosmetic dental services can:
- Conceal common flaws such as stains, chips, cracks, gaps, or misaligned teeth
- Brighten your teeth with safe and fast whitening solutions
- Comfortably straighten your teeth with orthodontics that no one will notice
- Give you a new smile with a combination of any of the services we offer
Offering Cosmetic Dental Treatments for Every Smile
No matter what you don’t like about your smile, Dr. Gleave can transform it with services including:
- Dental Veneers– These marvels of dentistry are simply bonded to the front of your teeth to conceal most cosmetic issues. Some of our options don’t require prep work for your teeth, so you can get a beautiful new smile right away!
- Teeth Whitening– Dr. Gleave offers both in-office and take-home whitening treatments to accommodate your schedule. Both options deliver excellent and safe results, which isn’t always true for store-bought products.
- Short-Term Orthodontics– A fantastic alternative to traditional metal braces. They gently move your teeth into place, take less time than metal braces (sometimes only six months), and are practically invisible.
- Gum Reshaping– If you’re unhappy with the look of your gums, Dr. Gleave can correct the issue using a laser that is more comfortable, more efficient, and faster than traditional gum surgery.
- Teeth Contouring– A single tooth can make you unhappy with your entire smile. Dr. Gleave can contour teeth to correct misshapen, worn, chipped, or too-large teeth so they better blend into your smile.
- Crown Lengthening– Crown lengthening exposes more of the crown of your tooth by adjusting your gumline with a soft-tissue laser. This may be done before a restorative dentistry procedure.
- Tooth Bonding– This quick treatment also covers up imperfections such as cracks or chips. It can be used to close gaps between teeth, too. We’ll bond a natural-looking composite resin to the front of your teeth to hide what you don’t want people to see.
Choosing a Total Smile Makeover
If you suffer from multiple cosmetic issues, a smile makeover can combine all your needed dental treatments under one comprehensive plan. This helps you get a completely new smile in the most efficient way possible. You’ll save time and money while also receiving our excellent care. We can create models and use digital imaging to show you the results of your dream smile – before treatment even starts.