Revive Your Smile! Call Now To Schedule Your Consultation.(801) 747-8531
Restorative dentistry from Dr. Gleave improves not just your look but also your oral and total physical health. Missing or damaged teeth can cause major stress during your daily life, which is why Rod Gleave, DMD offers services to:Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry is just, I guess, a term or a group that we lump anything that we're doing in the mouth to restore someone's bite, whether it's from a cavity, or a broken tooth, or a missing tooth. That becomes restorative dentistry. Most all patients are in need of some form of restorative dentistry, unless you've never broken a tooth and never had a cavity. Restorative dentistry start out with fillings, that's where we start. In my office, I always try to treatment plan, or approach fixing someone's tooth, what is the most conservative treatment and then what's the treatment's going to hold up the best in the long term. Those are things we often have to decide on, because there are some teeth and it's very obvious I can restore that tooth, restorative dentistry, restore with just a filling and a composite filling. We don't use any kind of metals in our practice. Everything is porcelain or composite. I'm going to start with, “Can I fix this tooth and will it last for the next 20 years as a filling?” Then that's what I'm going to do.
Then there's other teeth that are significantly broken down, either from maybe an old filling that they've had or the tooth is broken or they've had a root canal, and those teeth are probably going to need a porcelain crown. In between that then becomes something we call inlays and onlays. Inlays and onlays are a more conservative restorative option for many of our patients where the filling is kind of big, yet I don't want to grind the entire tooth down and put a crown on it. Can I restore that missing section of tooth with an inlay or maybe an onlay. An onlay would go over part of one of the cusps. It's better to onlay one cusp than grind down four cusps, like we do with a crown in many instances. Those are the three main treatments we offer as far as restorative care, whether it'd be a filling, in inlay/onlay or a crown.
- Replace missing teeth or repair damaged ones
- Help you eat any foods you like
- Improve your digestion since you’ll be able to better chew food
- Relieve oral pain caused by cavities and tooth infection
- Boost your confidence when smiling, which you deserve to do as often as possible
Call (801) 747-8531 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gleave at our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office. Our entire team looks forward to providing the perfect solutions for your smile.
Restorative Dental Treatments Return Your Smile to Health
Whatever it takes to give you a fully functioning smile, Dr. Rod Gleave, DMD is here to help. Our restorative dental treatments include:
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth for good and provide you with a fully functioning, beautiful smile
- Dental crowns to cover damaged teeth, hold broken teeth together, and shield vulnerable teeth from bacteria, which can lead to decay
- Dental bridges to replace one tooth or a few missing teeth
- Inlays and onlays to protect damaged teeth if a filling can’t help or a dental crown isn’t required
- Tooth fillings to ensure your tooth’s strength after being treated for a cavity
- Root canals to end dental pain you may be suffering due to tooth infection
- Dental veneers to protect and beautify your front teeth
Your metal-free dental fillings, crowns, or bridges will be customized to look perfectly natural in your smile. You’ll also feel completely comfortable during any procedure. We offer safe sedation options and a soothing environment to make your treatment as relaxing as possible.