For me, I would say, I've been in dentistry, with dental school, for 30 years, and dental implants are by far the biggest improvement that we've had in dentistry in my lifetime. They're that significant in changing someone's life. Patients that have lost teeth through either damage, or something's broken and unrestorable, or maybe they've taken a tooth out when they didn't have the money to fix it, we're able to go into those places where people are missing teeth, and rebuild those teeth just like they've not lost a tooth. Really, the nice thing about dental implants, and I've been heavily involved with dental implants for 15 years, a lot of training, a lot of hours spent understanding it, implementing it into my practice, understanding what works, what doesn't work, and they're very highly successful, if they're done well, and you manage things like they should be.
Really, the only options we had in the past with missing teeth was dentures, either a denture, or we would cut down two healthy teeth and do a bridge. Now, it becomes even a more conservative treatment by offering a dental implant, where we can replace a tooth that's missing by not affecting the adjacent teeth, or we can rebuild sections of teeth that are missing with implants, versus using any kind of partial denture or even full denture. I would say the other area that dental implants has really impacted patients, and just been a life-changer, is patients that are edentulous, that have lost all their teeth and were wearing complete dentures. Now, we're able to go in and put dental implants in, and secure their dentures to the implants, and make those dentures now either screwed down to the implants or removable, but they're a lot less bulky, a lot smaller, and they certainly chew more efficiency, probably 10 times better efficiency with an implant versus just chewing over your gum.
Dr. Gleave wants you to enjoy excellent overall health. That includes feeling happy each day because you love your appearance! Missing teeth can be easily replaced with dental implants from Rod Gleave, DMD, and provide you with both physical and cosmetic benefits. By receiving dental implants at our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office, you will:
- Be able to eat healthy harder foods that you couldn’t before due to damaged or missing teeth
- Enjoy improved digestion since you can chew foods more efficiently
- Prevent unnecessary dental issues or costly treatments by replacing missing teeth
- Improve your oral and overall health
- Allow you to gladly share your beautiful smile any time you like
- Have a brand new smile in a matter of weeks!
Dr. Gleave and the rest of our team are ready to create a strong new smile for you. Call 801-747-8531 for a consultation with Dr. Gleave. He spends more than 300 hours each year continuing his education to provide the latest and most effective dental implant treatments. Some of his implant credentials include:
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Graduate of the Misch Implant Institute
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentists (AAID)
Restoring Your Smile For Good With The Right Dental Implants
Dental implants are actually a combination of art and science. Implants are titanium posts that Dr. Gleave gently places into your jaw. They naturally fuse to your jawbone over time and provide a strong anchor for beautiful new replacement teeth.
This is where your health benefits begin. By receiving dental implants, you actually improve the strength of your jawbone, since it can weaken over time if you have lost a tooth.
We offer the following dental implant options:
- Single implants to replace one missing or damaged tooth
- Dental implant bridges to complete your smile if you’ve lost a few teeth
- Implant-supported dentures to provide you with a full set of beautiful and strong teeth if you need to replace all of them
- Hybridge dental implant solutions will replace full arches of teeth in a matter of weeks. The process is planned ahead of time so you get the smile you’ve been dreaming of. With customized tooth replacement options, you cannot go wrong!
Sometimes, you may need to have procedures performed before receiving your implants. If you have a damaged tooth that we cannot save, we provide gentle tooth extractions to make room for your dental implant. We also offer ridge augmentation to strengthen your jawbone if it is too weak to support dental implants.
Promising Your Comfort During Any Procedure
Dr. Gleave and our friendly staff are here to help relieve any dental anxiety you may have. If you are nervous to receive treatment, we will always make sure you experience no discomfort during your visit.
We offer three forms of safe sedation so you feel no stress or pain, including:
- Inhaled sedation to quickly soothe you
- Oral sedation, provided as a pill you will take before your treatment and allows you to fully relax in a drowsy state
- IV sedation, which lets you sleep lightly during your entire treatment
Call 801-747-8531 to speak with Dr. Gleave and discover how dental implants can best improve your smile. You can also reach our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office through our convenient online form. Our team looks forward to meeting you and providing your strong new smile!
Dr. Rod Gleave is a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), and the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).