Call Now To Schedule Your Implant Consultation.(801) 747-8531
Dr. Gleave wants you to feel happy with your smile’s appearance. But while any tooth replacement can fill gaps left by missing teeth, only dental implants can improve your overall oral health. When you get implants at our Salt Lake City, UT dentist office, they stimulate your jaw much like natural tooth roots do. With stimulation, your bone stays strong and healthy. You won’t get that “caved-in” look that happens when your jawbone shrinks.Read Transcript
For me, I would say, I've been in dentistry, with dental school, for 30 years, and dental implants are by far the biggest improvement that we've had in dentistry in my lifetime. They're that significant in changing someone's life. Patients that have lost teeth through either damage, or something's broken and unrestorable, or maybe they've taken a tooth out when they didn't have the money to fix it, we're able to go into those places where people are missing teeth, and rebuild those teeth just like they've not lost a tooth. Really, the nice thing about dental implants, and I've been heavily involved with dental implants for 15 years, a lot of training, a lot of hours spent understanding it, implementing it into my practice, understanding what works, what doesn't work, and they're very highly successful, if they're done well, and you manage things like they should be.
Really, the only options we had in the past with missing teeth was dentures, either a denture, or we would cut down two healthy teeth and do a bridge. Now, it becomes even a more conservative treatment by offering a dental implant, where we can replace a tooth that's missing by not affecting the adjacent teeth, or we can rebuild sections of teeth that are missing with implants, versus using any kind of partial denture or even full denture. I would say the other area that dental implants has really impacted patients, and just been a life-changer, is patients that are edentulous, that have lost all their teeth and were wearing complete dentures. Now, we're able to go in and put dental implants in, and secure their dentures to the implants, and make those dentures now either screwed down to the implants or removable, but they're a lot less bulky, a lot smaller, and they certainly chew more efficiency, probably 10 times better efficiency with an implant versus just chewing over your gum.
In addition, implants are:
- Comfortable. Unlike dentures, which sit on top of your gums, you likely won’t even notice your implants.
- Versatile. Implants can be used with different dental restorations, including crowns, bridges, and dentures, to give you a great-looking smile.
- Convenient. Implants require no special care. You won’t need messy adhesives to keep your replacement teeth in place, and you won’t need fitting adjustments that are necessary when bone shrinks.
- Stable. Because implants are embedded in your jaw, they provide a bite nearly as strong as your natural teeth. You can eat whatever you’d like!
Dr. Gleave and the rest of our team are ready to create a strong new smile for you! Call (801) 747-8531 for a consultation.
Get Teeth Replacements From an Expert Implant Dentist
Dr. Gleave spends more than 300 hours each year continuing his education so he can offer the latest and most effective dental implant techniques. He is certified to offer Hybridge implants and procedures, which are designed to simplify the dental implant process.
His credentials include:
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), a designation that requires at least 100 hours of advanced training a year.
- Graduate of the Misch Implant Institute. The institute’s founder, Carl Misch, is considered one of the leading implant experts in the world.
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
Get the Right Dental Implant Procedure for Your Smile
The dental implant procedure involves a combination of art and science. Dr. Gleave gently places implants into your jaw. They naturally fuse to your jawbone over time and provide a strong anchor for replacement teeth. We offer the following dental implant options:
- Single implants to replace one missing or damaged tooth
- A dental implant bridge to complete your smile if you’ve lost a few teeth or an arch of teeth
- Dental implants with dentures to provide you with a full set of beautiful and strong teeth if you need to replace all of them
- Hybridge dental implant solutions will replace full arches of teeth in a matter of weeks. The process is planned ahead of time so you get the smile you’ve been dreaming of. With customized tooth replacement options, you cannot go wrong!
Sometimes, patients need to have procedures performed before receiving implants. If you have a damaged tooth that we cannot save, we provide gentle tooth extractions to make room for your implant. We also offer bone grafts and ridge augmentation to strengthen your jawbone if it is too weak to support implants.
Get Dental Sedation if You Need It
If you’re nervous about your dental implant procedure, we offer three forms of safe sedation so you feel no stress or pain:
- Inhaled sedation (“laughing gas”) to quickly soothe you
- Oral sedation, provided as a pill you take before your treatment that allows you to fully relax in a drowsy state
- IV sedation, which lets you sleep lightly during your procedure
To find out if you’re a candidate for dental implants, call (801) 747-8531.